Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Windy City Wanderers

I write this blog with my shoulders slumped and my eyelids drooping too the floor due to my new, fuller schedule -- which doesn't factor in the human need for sleep. My bad.

The good news is, I now have a new day job.
The bad news is, I haven't quite figured out how to balance this new opportunity with my bartending job at night -- not to mention my social life (or lack-there-of).

But enough about the hardships of being young and debtfull (haha).

I shouldn't call my new gig so much a new "day job" as much as a new "venture". I've started a personal assistant businesses where I help entrepreneur's organize their paperwork, contacts, day-to-day activities, calendars, etc...

I've already been doing some work for my Mom's organization, SuccessfulYou, Inc. , and have just started a new position as the executive assistant/personal assistant to the CEO at WCWFC.

Windy City Wanderers is one of Chicago's largest soccer organizations. Run by Matt Rosine from Brighton, England, WCW has grown to dominate the amateur soccer scene in The Windy City.

Those who know me are saying: "What? You? In the sports industry? -- you can't even catch a frickin' frisbee!" I know -- and I'm ignoring you -- I was bored.

Since I'm the first paid employee of WCW, Matt and I have been beating out the exact details of my position. Basically we've concluded that he wants me to run the day-to-day affairs of WCW as well as act as a liason between him and -- well -- everyone else. This will allow him the freedom to pursue other ventures, and also focus on the growth of WCW from behind the scenes.

The job is jam-packed with activity and has an intense work-load -- but at the same time there's opportunity for growth and lots of available side-projects for extra income. My first week has been a combination of learning the inside operations of the organization, and organizing Matt's chaos. :-)

So while this blog entry was a bit more low-key than my usual banter -- and update was in order. Hopefully things will settle into a nice flow of day-job-night-job-sleep-when-you-can and routine will stay far, far away.

2 comments:

Matt Rosine said...

What chaos?! Oh.. right.

Creaturegrl said...

Haha. Don't lie.
You love chaos!